14. Dezember 2006

this is really sick

actually i am sick. please feel free to look up the term gastroenteritis in wikipedia. i don't want to chase you away, after all this is a blog about ingestion and not the opposite. all i'm going to tell you is that i virtually spent the last 5 days in the bathroom. i totally lost my appetite.

i haven't been seriousely sick in a few years and honestly - i hate it! i missed some important classes at university and i could not go to work either - but the worst thing probably is that i am bored out of my mind by now.

today i slowly crawled out of bed again and i instantly started to think about cooking - despite the fact that my stomach has been numbed by pain in the previous days. i am suddenly craving dairy products although i usually don't like milk at all (and i have trouble digesting it). so what should i do now? i have no idea how to cook for my sick self :) my mama would always have camomile tea and rusk (zwieback) at home for emergencies like this. but me? nope, nada.

it returned to my mind that there was a chapter in "my first cookbook" and that we learned about cooking for sick people in home economics when i was ten. obviously i did not pay enough attention back then because i still had my mother to take care of my misery.

now i need to cook something to get me going again. i passed grocery shopping with flying color (without fainting), eating something and keeping the morsels down should be doable!

krankenküche
do you have any secret recipes for a sick stomach? maybe chicken soup for the belly?

6 Kommentare:

Trig hat gesagt…

Chicken noodle soup. The best remedy on the planet. Cheat and use some vacuum packed chicken, swiss bouillon and packet noodles so it's very quick to do. Nothing fancy. Lots of pepper. It doesn't hurt the stomach.

Get well soon.

Anonym hat gesagt…

The only thing I can eat when i am really sick is Vanilla Pudding. No clue why, but it's the only thing that stays down.

I hope you feel better soon!

(By the way, "Mein erstes Kochbuch" and "Mein zweites Kochbuch" are one of my favorite books for the kitchen!)

Anonym hat gesagt…

yeah, for some reason chicken soup always seems the best... nice clear broth... and for some rather weird reason, when i'm sick, the only other thing i can keep down is rice porridge, cooked together with some shredded chicken pieces, ginger and spring onion...

get well soon!

Rosa's Yummy Yums hat gesagt…

That's not funny. I hope you get better soon...

Hot fruit compotes could be good to eat, but chicken soup is always the best.

vasilisa hat gesagt…

Sorry, no secret recipes... But I really feel for you... Having had mild hyperemesis (feel free to look that up, but it's not fun) while pregnant(especially first time), I've spent a few months with my head down the toilet, and am still not fully here...

Hope you feel better soon.

Chanita Harel חני הראל hat gesagt…

I hope you'll feel better soon !
I love your Blog :-)