6. November 2005

getting old and disappearing ...

i did not forget to foodblog, but i spent some time in the rolling hills of upper austria at my partent's. they don't have an internet connection and so i vanished off the face of the earth for a while.

why did i stay at my parent's?

acutally, i am hiding. i have my 30th birthday tomorrow.

i never really got expensive presents on my birthdays and having a birthday was never a really really exciting thing. though i am outgoing and selfconfident, i don't like it if people make a fuzz about me.

and my friends have been talking about this for weeks ... thirty, thirty, thirty! most of my homies are way younger, my best friend is 21. she has been laughing all year about the fact that i'm gonna be an old lady tomorrow. so i decided to avoid embarassing "hey-you-old-maid!"-scenes, turn of my cellphone for a few days and spend my birthday with my family back home. so my folks took me out to a nice rural gasthaus today, we had a traditional austrian meal with lots of meat, various kinds of dumplings, heavy gravy, potatos and afterwards: a schnaps for digestion.


i had a wonderful time with my my parents, my sister, my brother and his girlfriend, my grandfather, my godfather and godmother. spending time in the town where i was born is a rare treat these days so i really enjoyed these hours amongst my loved ones.

my two younger siblings gave me a delicious cake - and where also making fun of their "old, old, oh so old" older sister ... well, i decided to take it with grace and dignity!


t-h-i-r-t-y. quite a number, isn't it?

but to be honest - i don't really mind! i am quite happy about what i do and where i am.
i can't wait to see what life has in store for me!

bring it on!
i am a grownup now!

7 Kommentare:

Ilva hat gesagt…

So I just congratulate you to 'yet another new day'instead!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Liebe Gerda, allerherzlichsten Glückwunsch ! Ich freue mich für Dich, daß Du so schöne Tage im Mühlviertel verbracht hast - und sicher wird in Linz noch einiges an Feiern "drin" sein. Also Alter ist ja eindeutig eine Sache von Einstellung. Ich bin 45 und eine Lachwurzn daß es schon manchmal peinlich ist ;-) Liebe Grüße und alles Gute angelika

Anonym hat gesagt…

Happy, happy birthday! 30 is a great age to hit and the years afterwards just gets better and better!

Best,
Paz

Anonym hat gesagt…

Alles Gute auch von mir! Und die "3" stört dich sicher bald nicht mehr. Ich spreche aus Erfahrung, aber bei mir war's viel schlimmer, es war die "5" - doch selbst das übersteht man ;-).

Anonym hat gesagt…

Happy Birthday!!! Now is when the fun starts!!! I hope you have a great 30th year, and that all of your dreams come true!! Besos

tschoerda hat gesagt…

thanks for all the wishes!! it did not hurt at all to turn thirty. i had a great day and there certainly are way more great days to come!! can't wait!

thanks again & bussi!
gerda

Liz hat gesagt…

Many happy returns! I'm thirty in March, and I'm still not sure whether I should be celebrating boldly (a friend has suggested a meticulously-documented European chocolate tour) or whether I should just pretend it's not happening at all. You're an encouraging example - I think I'll aim at celebrating.