14. April 2006

lady marmalade


i am a sucker for maralade (or jam as you might call it). though i am not a great eater when it comes to breakfasts, i often start my day with a good slice of brown bread with an even more delicious blob of marmalade. the classic "marmeladebrot" has been comfort food since i was a little girl and will probably accompany me my whole lifetime.

i always keep at least 5 different jams in my kitchen cupboard and when they are down to three i really tend to get nervous. but today i am sitting here in front of my last two glasses, i stare horrified at the remains of rosenmarillen (apricots) and ginger. all i can squeeze out of these glasses will be approximately two teaspoons of jam - i always knew this was going to happen someday but i am just not prepared for it ... having a craving for something and not being able to give in really sucks.

i need more jam!
i need more jam!!
i need more jam!!!

tagged with: + + +

3 Kommentare:

Dianka hat gesagt…

Awww I feel your pain! Life without jam does not exist for me. Wish I could lend you some of my new marionberry & blueberry marmalade I just bought and am devouring! Darbo makes great marmalades as well.

~Dianka
http://na-zdravi.blogspot.com/

Dianka hat gesagt…

It's so nice to know we have so much in common with our regions, I really enjoyed reading your post on my blog. Thanks for visitng! I'm sure that you have some great bohemian dishes up your sleeve too =)

~Dianka
http://na-zdravi.blogspot.com/

Anonym hat gesagt…

I like to keep many jam jars at home. Strange enough I don't really eat jam. One exception: Rosenmarillen by the autrian brand "darbo". A few years ago the had a special apricot jam made with honey. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore in shops around here. I was probably the only one to buy it ;-)