i am a real fan of food that makes your breath smelly :) it never occured to me that this affectation might be a problem until i once saw the sick look on my friend's face when i told her about the pleasures of garlic. we where just ordering doner kebap to go in a small turkish shop and she disgustedly asked me if i was ever worried about my bad breath after eating onions or garlic in public. well, i never really was! but from that moment on i always carried mints in my purse. thank good i hardly ever have to worry about my garlicky breath when i cook that stuff at home!
1 large onion
100 g swiss chard
50 ml teriyaki sauce
125 g rice
- peel and slice top of onion.
- bring 1 liter of salted water to a boil and add rice.
- reduce heat, throw in the onion as well, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- wash swiss chard and cut into desired size.
- in a saucepan heat teriyaki sauce and add the swiss chard. reduce heat and cover
- make sure that the onion is tender when the rice is done. take out the onion and let it cool.
- drain the rice and make sure to keep it warm.
- remove centers of the onion and be careful to leave the shell intact.
- chop centers and add to the swiss chard.
- cook over reduced heat for a few minutes and add half of the rice.
- mix thoroughly. the mixture should be rather sticky. spoon it into the onion and place on top of the remaining rice.
- drizzle with teriyaki sauce.
i just wish you could stuff garlic. or i could try to stuff an onion with garlic! perhaps i should try to stuff an onion with altoids instead if i have plans for an evening with my thin-skinned friend!*lol*
Blogged with Flock