don't you think all the green in my soup dish is getting boring?
it bores me a little, so i thought the only thing green added to today's soup will be the fresh herbs and as a contrasting colour for the soup itself i'd totally go for RED. instead of chopping the tomatoes in my farm box, i thought i'd make a much quicker soup if i finally used up those canned peeled tomatoes in my kitchen cupboard.
recipe # 8: very fast tomato soup
1 can of peeled tomatoes (250 g)
1 tbsp oil
3 cloves of garlic
fresh herbs (i used oregano and thyme)
1 tbsp crème fraîche (i take the lean rama cremefine)
- give the peeled tomatoes a quick blizz with the hand-held blender to hackle them
- in a pot, quickly fry minced garlic and the herbs in one tbsp of oil
- pour in the blizzed tomatoes and bring to a boil
- whisk in one tbsp of crème fraîche
- season to taste
- you can strain the soup if you want, but i actually like it better if it's not too smooth