200 g pork scallops
one tbsp vegetable oil
50 g peanuts
120 g rice
adapted from here
- cut the orange in half, squeeze out the juice of one half and cut the flesh of the other half into pieces
- cut the pork scallops into stripes (or buy pre-cut gulash meat if you like) and fry it in a tablespoon of vegetable oil
- add the peanuts and fry them for a while too
- remove from the pan
- pour the rice in the same pan
- add water to the orange juice, it should make 0,3 l in the end
- pour over the rice, add a little salt and bring to a boil
- turn down the heat again and let simmer until the rice is tender
- dice the banana and add to the boiled rice. add the flesh of the orange, the meat and peanuts to the boiled rice as well
- turn up the heat again and season to taste with chili pepper and a little salt. decorate the dish with parsley if you like ...
now, that tastes just amazing! i've never added oranges or bananas to a rice dish, let alone a rice dish that has meat in it! i have never tasted something so full of flavor! that recipe is definitely a keeper!