i have not been cooking at all in a while.
in a desperate attempt to save the remains of two farm boxes i found a lovely surprise today ... a violet carrot! i've never seen one before and i did not even know i had some delivered this week (stupid me, i am in such a hurry these days that i don't even read the bill of delivery in my farm box).
the violet ancestor of my regular (and much loved) orange carrot is indeed very pretty, but i had no idea that there are still so many colourful versions around!
and with the yellow carrot still in my fridge from last week i figured i'd make a carrot soup. simple, quick, plain old carrot soup. but three times as delicious as usually!
- cut the leek and fry it in a tables spoon of olive oil
- cut carrots into cubes, you can leave some dices for decoration
- when the leek starts to brown add half a liter of water and bring to a boil
- throw in the carrots and boil for about 10 minutes
- fish out the dices you'll need for decoration
- with a handblender, mash up the soup
- season to taste (i like salt only, but you can of course use what ever herb you like)
- ladle onto a soup plate and decorate with the colorful discs. i also decorated / seasoned the soup with pumpkin seed oil
not only very pretty, but very yummie as well!