taking an interest in my nutrition and being more aware of what i stuff in my mouth has one neat side effect: i now realise how diverse my diet has become over the past few month. i started to enjoy vegan and gluten-free food without even knowing it. i hold that accountable for a general improvement of my wellbeing. while i might not have the stamina to become a full-blown vegan, it is always delicious to try out new cooking methods off the beaten track (my beaten track, that is). i am such a huge fan of the gluten-free girl, by the way!
i started my food blog with buckwheat back in 2005. i ate it for the first time then and i fell in love with it right away. i even made a buckwheat pic my signature shot of my food-ography photoset over at flickr, and i never felt the need to change it, because i still think buckwheat is so incredibly delicious and versatile.
recipe # 2: clear buckwheat soup with veggies
3 tbsp buckwheat
1 tbsp vegetable oil
500 ml water
- dice the onion and cut the vegetables
- in a pot, heat the oil and sautée the onions
- stir in the buckwheat and add the water (vegetable stock should taste fine too)
- bring to a boil
- reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes (i like my buckwheat firm to the bite, if you like it softer, just increase the cooking time here)
- take out the bay leaf
- add the rest of the vegetables and let simmer for another 10 minutes
- when the vegetables are done season to taste and serve